Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 - The Dawn of a New Year!

One out of Two Items on this Post:

The first dawn of a new year and this is what I saw out my window.  Made me depressed, especially since I tossed and turned all night and woke up with a chest cold.  I didn't want to be depressed!  I went to bed in such a good mood because we had spent a wonderful time New Year's Eve with Jan & John & Dave & Sherrie, eating good food, visiting and watching a very sweet movie.   An observation about our evening; it became apparent how pathetic all of our social lives are, when we could call each other up earlier in the day and discover none of us had any plans to celebrate that evening!  (Sidenote:  for all of you who have children from about 7 and older, The Ultimate Gift is a must see to watch as a family, especially at Christmas time.)

Back to the picture and my mood.  I decided I wouldn't be depressed and I could choose to change my attitude.  And I didn't need to look at this boring photo either.   Thanks to modern technology, I can choose to change this scene in my mind's eye with a few clicks of a mouse...............

Ahhh, that's better.  I feel happier already!  I think it's going to be a great year!!  I'll probably put this in my 'I Hate Winter' folder on my Smugmug site!  (NOTE: as usual, when I do major edits, I always confess....well almost always!)

Second Item:


I've decided to resume making desktop images/calendars each month and I've used my little winter friend for January.  Feel free to download, enjoy and share. Just click HERE, then right click to set as your desktop image.  It should fill your screen and not be pixelated or blurry.  Let me know if you need help. 

4 comments:

  1. We had a fun night also. I think it was the great company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog! It's so lovely and artistic. Thanks for the cheerful thoughts also. We just got back from St. George and we're not quite thrilled about the sub-freezing temps. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to see you blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You take such beautiful pictures, I downloaded that link for our desktop! I'm excited to read your blog:)

    ReplyDelete