Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Mary Ellen Albrechtsen Larsen , January 18, 1923 - March 2, 2017

Just thought I'd copy and post the following that I've posted on my FaceBook page and photography blog.  Many family members have seen it there, but I know some are not FB users or bloggers so I thought I'd document it here as well.  Because of the 'public' nature of my FB & blog, this was written so as not to be too personal.  But I too, feel incredibly blessed to have been born of goodly, honorable parents devoted to our little family, who loved me and my brother and supported us with all that they had to give.  And then to marry into a family who has accepted and loved me and set such outstanding examples of everything 'noble and praiseworthy'.  
I am rich beyond measure!

We just said goodbye, for now, to Jeff's wonderful mother who passed away at the age of 94. She set an unwavering example for her 4 children, 23 grandchildren and 63 great grandchildren, of integrity, humility, hard work, compassion, and all that is good and praiseworthy. But above all, she was a women completely devoted to her faith and her family. It is appropriate that she left this world at the beginning of Spring when we think of growth and new life, as she knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that her death from this life was just a rebirth into the next stage of life where she would live a glorious eternity surrounded by her loved ones who have already taken that journey. Because she knew this, she was prepared and ready, and perfectly at peace when she knew her time was close at hand. As a family we rejoice in her life and legacy, in new beginnings, and in the eternal nature of all things God has created!












































































































































































     

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful tribute to a wonderful mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful! Thank you for sharing that with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you posted a lot of pictures. Dad and mom definitely left a great posterity that they can truly be proud of!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need to share each other pictures. I saw some here I didn't realize anyone had got that shot. Thanks for posting all you did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I feel like I was just sitting there like a fly on the wall watching the events roll out with all of these great pictures you posted! Thanks so much for sharing and documenting. We have such a wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete