Thursday, December 18, 2014

St. George Temple at Christmas


What a different experience it is to walk on the temple grounds at Christmas in St. George.  There were very few people to get in the way of my picture taking.  Actually it was kind of sad that more people were not enjoying the beautiful grounds and nativity.  Several days later we walked through Temple Square in SLC on our way to the Christmas Concert.  I don't think I have ever seen so many people there!  Walking on the pathways was like being in a human river, it was total pedestrian gridlock.  I couldn't have stopped to take a picture even if I had wanted to!  It was wonderful to have so many people visiting Temple Square, but it certainly wasn't a time or place for quiet reflection.  (These are two photos I used in a photography class to show the difference between shooting outdoor Christmas lights at twilight and after dark.)

1 comment: