Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Dinner

Jeff took me out for an early Mother's Day dinner last night. I'm usually not much of a beef person, except on special occasions, but we went to a steak house that reminded us of our time on the tiny island of New Caledonia in the South Pacific.  In NC, not only could we order the cut of meat we wanted, but also whether it came from NC, New Zealand, Australia, or the US. We don't speak French, and so when our steaks came out totally RAW, we thought there had been a miscommunication in how we wanted them cooked. We quickly realized they were sizzling on a very hot rock and we were to cook them ourselves. That meal was so good we went back 3 times on that trip! We were surprised to find a similar type of steak house a few miles from our home in southern Utah. So here is my filet mignon 'on the rock', that I cooked to perfection! Yummm!




6 comments:

  1. Even the accompaniments look great. Mouth watering!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of that, but it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me hungry, looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of that either, you cook it yourself? But hey if you went back there 3 times it must be delicious and quite the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can almost taste the steak. It looked great. I like your idea of a coffee table book of the temple. I am excited to see the results.

    ReplyDelete